Friday, April 10, 2015

NZ Part 1 @ Bucket List Checked!


Hi Darlings!

I know things have been very quiet on the blog, but we have been away on a holiday. Long deserved, I would say (and maybe the trip of a lifetime too).

Entah bila terpasang niat untuk ke New Zealand. I only knew I wanted to go somewhere worthwhile. It was either Scotland (I love the lonely hills as in Skyfall), or NZ (the beautiful scenery), or Wales (Celtic charms, maybe?) and well.. a few other places too.

And NZ somehow won the battle. Which now, in retrospect, I thought was the most accurate decision we could have made.

We were there for a couple of weeks, visiting both the North and South Island. We rented a campervan and eat, sleep and travel in that from Auckland down to the southern tip of NZ and then up again to the land of the glaciers and across the Southern Alps into Christchurch. From there we flew back to Auckland and then continued to KUL on an MH flight.

Letih. It was literary driving everyday sebab kalau tidak we will miss any of the major attractions we had planned to visit. But keletihan yang amat berbaloi.

Please bear with me, but I suppose this journey deserves more than a couple of posts. For now I share some of the awesome photos (pardon me for saying so) that I have.

The campervan - our house and vehicle for the 2 weeks stay.

 We were at Hobbiton. No regrets. And I assure you, everyone must visit this.

Fun photos on the serene Kaikoura beach in the late afternoon (ps - I go absolutely crazy over the sky!)

And ride on the quaint Christchurch tram.

That's Mount Cook at the end of the road. I said, do you have to take photos in the middle of the road (the road wasnt that busy, fyi). They said, ni la cool ma. I thought the view of the mountain is outrageously cool.

We stopped at a lookout point at Lake Wakatipu outside of Queenstown. It was windy, sunny and the view across the lake was stunning. We were heading up towards the glaciers.

 There was a lavender farm in Wanaka, some distance from Queenstown that I saw on the net. But didnt think we have time for it. Coincidently we passed by it and I said we have to stop here. And indeed, it was a worthwhile stop.

 Fed and petted sheep.

 I was in pursuit of the reds of pulasan ranum, oren bagai pinang masak and yellow as ripen water lily mangoes of fall colors on the mountains. But we were a teeny bit early. There were some colors, but not yet in its full autumn glory.

I knew the flowers are almost all gone, but there are some roses left. And hydrangeas in purple and red and other brave species.

And made it to the Fox and Franz Josef Glaciers.

It was a long and a truly fabulous trip. One that I would do over and over if I can.





~ xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment